Sunday 8 May 2016

It is time to oil up

Mesdames et Messieurs, welcome to my kitchen! I'm Chef Ari-Pekka and I have a passion towards retro gaming. Now it's time to heat up the oven and prepare the ingredients.

As I mentioned earlier, I will have a hands-on approach to the subject. It means that instead of in addition to going through a bunch of circuit diagrams, reviews, and technical information, I am actually going to fulfill my long lasting desire to design and build my own gaming system. That's right, I'm going to make a fucking (neo)retro console!

However, that is not going to be easy. I do have taken a couple of courses in electronics at the university level but I'm by no means an expert in this field. I'm more familiar with the programming, which will also play a large role in this project. Nevertheless, that is not going to be easy either as programming microcontrollers is quite different than what I'm used to. Lots of trials and errors, I foresee.

The quest for a working console will be a challenging and time-consuming one but I believe an entertaining and enlightening as well. I'd be eager to get right into the action but I guess it would be best to use a post or two to introduce you to my equipment before the appetizers are served. Because what would be the cook without his knives?

(idk, a knifeless cook surely)

No comments:

Post a Comment